Sunday, October 31, 2004

Trick or Treat

I had candy duty for the first part of the evening. Had some very cute small people at the front door. I had to turn the job over to mom, though, when the mother of a darling little witch started talking to me. She was explaining to me that she was a neighbor, and where she lived. I studdered and stumbled and managed to give her my name, then explained for absolutely no reason that my mother was home but couldn't come to the door. "Oh, so you don't live here?" she asked. I explained that yes I do, but... yeah, there was no real way to end that sentence because there's really no good way to say "I'm rarely home and I don't go in for meeting the neighbors on account of being the most socially awkward person EVER."

The most amusing part of the evening was when I was still making an effort to see the costumes. Was talking on the phone and said, "hang on, I have to go see what the small people are wearing." I got upstairs, saw my cousins at the door shoving their way in past my mother and hightailed it back downstairs saying, "no good, the small people are related to me."

You probably had to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home