Thursday, July 03, 2003

OK, I'm told it's been awhile since I bitched into the void, so here's why:

1) spent a week house and dog sitting.
2) was without car for half of that week, due to parts suppliers being illiterate. Tell me, if Subaru Imprezas come with standard All Wheel Drive, why would you send front wheel drive rear bearings to the mechanic for one?
3) my basement flooded. This is where I live (insert "you live in your mother's basement" jokes here). Half of my stuff, including my bed, had to be thrown out. The reconstruction continues.

So that we're clear that not everything is fucking awful, I did get to go to Taste of Minnesota (aka Fried Food Fest) last night and see a free Wallflowers concert. Bob's son sounds remarkably like Bob, though more melodic (not hard).

Also remarkable, Ryan and I agree on one political certainty: Pat Buchanan is nuts. We probably have different ideas of why, or in what context, but when you're trying to find common ground between a bleeding-heart liberal and... well... Ryan, you learn to start small.

And now, here I am, only one research methods exam administration away from a holiday weekend, which I will probably spend drying out my shit. And damnit, all I really want is a little whitewater... denied again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home