Saturday, November 01, 2003

The Turtle Home Drinking Game: brilliant plans devised over IM.

Denny: we should have a drinking game for you blog.
CJ: LOL how would that go?
Denny: When ever CJ rants. Take a drink.
Denny: Whenever Denny utters Roman or Empire, tke a drink.
Denny: Whenever Ryan is a moron, take a drink.
Denny: Whenever Ran is on topic and contributes to discussion, take three drinks.
Denny: ryan that is
CJ: the CJ rants one would need to be more specific, as that is pretty much the point of the thing
Denny: I figured, perhaps over 100 words in length.
CJ: how 'bout topical? are there themes?
Denny: Politics, the Fundamentalist right, CJ's neuroses
CJ: given my dating success, "CJ writes about a date" should be the drain-the-glass category
Denny: yeah. YOu should post a list of these, if they make work out.
Denny: Oh I got another one.
CJ: I'll blog this part of the convo
Denny: Whenever one of the Peanut Gallery is quoted in a main post, take a drink.
Denny: I started typing that before you sent that last message
CJ: hehe... still have to drink (twist your arm, right?)
Denny: have had too much, maybe later.
Denny: am hung over.

All of this devised as I was trying to get my halloween makeup to behave (yep, I'm a geek: I disconnected all cords for the computer and brought it into the bathroom so that I could chat while I was getting ready). The conversation continues:

CJ: OK. Have conqured eyeliner... as best as I'm going to, anyway....
Denny: heh heh. Picture Picture!
CJ: have also resurrected black velvet dress and long cape from HS, and FIT into dress.
Denny: PICTURE PICTURE!
CJ: I will send after tonight
Denny: ok
CJ: no one around to take one right now.
Denny: mirror trick
Denny: hee hee
CJ: grrr. will SMITE the evil eyeliner. *smites*
Denny: Am going to watch BAnd of Brher in about 30, just letting you know
CJ: ok. I'm supposed to be out the door now, but will be fashionably late, thanks to FUCKING EYELINER
Denny: LOL
CJ: hehe.. yeah, ok, it is kinda funny.
Denny: that should have been
CJ: huh?
Denny: I should have politely laughed, rather than out loud
CJ: OK... doesn't matter to me, as I am too busy smiting eyeliner to be offended
Denny: hee hee
CJ: woe! angst! pain! I forgot to paint my nails black!!!!!
Denny: HA
Denny: you should post this whole conversation, it's comic gold
Denny: or not
CJ: my costume is inauthentic!!! I CAN'T GO!!!
Denny: just do it now
CJ: can't, would get messed up as I have to leave soon.
Denny: ah
CJ: am not too disappointed... just getting into angst-filled character
CJ: true... OK, I look appropriately dead: black lips and eyes, paled skin; I have a studded collar (teh sex-ay); black velvet dress; hair dyed dark purple (because I just couldn't do black); high-lace docs; fishnets; I think I'm ready
Denny: picture, you promised.
CJ: I'll get one!
Denny: okay, have fun

Much fun was, in fact, had; I also have plenty of pictures, both of me and of various partygoers in Maureen's blond Stevie Nicks wig. Sam started it when she suggested we find a way to get the wig on to Chris's head once he got to the party. After we got that picture, he went around putting it on other folks, so we have pictures of just about everyone with the $7 blond wig on their heads. Freakin' hilarious. I'm knackered. Bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home