Monday, October 04, 2004

Comcast and Hilarity

As Comcast is owned and operated by demons, my internet connection is sketchy at present. If you need to reach me in a timely manner, please call. I'll be on campus for some amount of time for each of the next two days, so email will still be fairly reliable during afternoons, but phone is the best bet until one of the drones techs can come out and exorcise fix my connection.

Since I seem to still have a connection at present, I'll push my luck by posting my favorite story from this weekend. I cooked (!) channa masala (Indian dish; chick peas, tomatoes, chilies, onions, many, many spices, etc.; very good) on saturday night, and was moderately surprised when mom said she wanted to try it when it was done. See, she watched me chop up most of the ingredients, including a fairly obscene amount of hot chilies. She's not got the most tolerant palate for hot things. Nonetheless, she was drawn to the marvelous smell (seriously, it's heaven), so I served her the first helping.

She later explained that she quite enjoys the taste of mild, quiet little chick peas, and so thought it wouldn't be THAT hot. She still enjoyed it, just less of it than expected, and with more rice. I told her that it wasn't as hot as it should be, as I'd decided to double the recipe at the last minute, and only had two-thirds of the doubled amount of chilies on hand. She thinks I'm mental.

I clearly didn't get my taste for all things spicy from the distaff side of my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home