Friday, November 19, 2004

Mars and Venus

I have not read Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, but just from hearing a lecture by the author I think I can honestly say that it makes one of the best arguments in favor of homosexual relationships EVER. Especially if you're a woman, because the man is frankly ODIOUS. Apparently testosterone is the master factor in the happiness of... well, everyone. Also, we are all aliens from different planets. Also, if I hear him refer to my gender as "Venutian" one more time I'm going to defenestrate my computer (OK, probably not, but it's a nice thought). It's actually more annoying than Deborah Tannen's "different cultures" theory, in terms of naturalizing gender difference. I promise you, my mother's uterus was not some strange teleportation device that migrated me here from Venus. I was made the same way all y'all boys were: good, old fashioned, HUMAN sexual relations. If John Gray wants to go this far out of his way to avoid thinking about his parents having sex, I hink he should really keep it to himself. (n.b. He can't even say the words vagina or penis -- possibly not even sex. He says "going south," to the exclusion of all other euphamisms. Possibly this is different in his book. I'm not holding my breath.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home