Saturday, February 26, 2005

*headdesk*

Reasons I'm childless.

Part of me can't wait to adopt an older kid so that I can avoid the more invasive "mommy drive-bys" (are you going to breastfeed? you're not going to have an epidural, are you? why are you using a stroller instead of a sling? etc). Another part of me knows damn well it won't stop once they can talk. Yes, I have some very specific ideas about parenthood. If you ask me for advice, I'll even give it to you. And if you disregard it entirely, I will assume that you, like 99% of people in the world, have found your own way to be a "good enough" parent to your child.

[NB for those who don't want to follow links: Good Enough parenting relies on the logic that if parenting relied on such do-or-die perfection as many "experts" suggest, the damn species would have died out in pre-history. Just give 'em those first couple of levels on Maslow's pyramid, ant they'll come out OK.]

The other 1%? (NB all statistics herein completely made up, as looking up abuse and neglect stats depresses me. It's likely to be far less than 1%.) Fuck drive-by advice, I'm calling the cops on their asses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home