Saturday, June 10, 2006

Musical Hijinks

I have this thing with putting together mixes, and tonight I was doing another "songs my best friend can enjoy with her three-year-old" mix, because I know she gets mighty sick of the Wiggles. I try to pick songs that are clean (should be obvious, but as my musical tast tends toward the punk, hip-hop, bawdy, and generally subversive, this is challenging. I also try to find things with clear lyrics and a strong beat, the theory being that a small child can pick up enough to sing along with at least the chorus.

SO. How much do you think Kelly will smack me for including "Cowboys are Frequently, Secretly Fond of Each Other" on there? I think SHE'LL love the song, but might not love explaining to folks why her daughter is singing about the Love That Dare Not Croon It's Name.

Yep. I'd pay admission to that. *leave it on the list*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home