Monday, May 22, 2006

Da Vinci Code Blue

Found here, these two links illustrate why I've no real desire to read The Da Vinci Code. I'm frequently willing to suspend disbelief; it's why they call it fiction, after all. What I'm not willing to do is read tortured, overwrought prose that substitutes wordiness for real suspense. Read that first quote paragraph, and just try to tell me it's indicative of compelling material yet-to-come.

The story? Is fiction. The folks who take it seriously? Kinda batshit. The folks who made it through the whole damn book? Have a much higher capacity for tolerating crappy writing than I do. Bless you, for without you Dan Brown would starve.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

You're welcome. I made it through the book. Wasn't great, wasn't awful, it was just a book.

9:29 AM  
Blogger elw said...

Well, that was the clincher (as if I needed one). I will NEVER read that book. Thank you, CJ!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home