Sunday, February 04, 2007

Zombie Alarm Clock

While the title of this post might make a great band name, it actually refers to the fact that my alarm clock died this morning, and is working once again. I got up to turn off the alarm this morning only to have an arc of electricity leap from my fingertip to the clock. Yes, folks, I ZAPPED MY ALARM CLOCK -- apparently we have determined my mutant power. The zap caused the clock to tell me that it was 18:88 o'clock and smell of ozone, so I (perhaps wisely) unplugged the thing immediately.

I plugged it in at nine this evening, and it worked fine. Cue Twilight Zone theme.

If nothing else, this incident indicated that it was well past time to dig out the humidifier, so after watching "Pirates of the Caribbean" for the eleventy-zillionth time this evening I hauled it out. What about The Big Game, you ask? Pshaw, I say. I'll catch His Royal Weirdness on YouTube (already caught his pre-game press conference there -- it's mostly guitar solo, so do watch, as that's Prince at his best) and I heard Billy Joel's national anthem from mom's tv while I was in the tub so no real reason to watch. Feel free to link good commercials in the comments, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

don't worry, there were no real good commercials.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home