Monday, July 21, 2003

Start playing the funeral march, boys and girls. I think I have too give up getting drunk. Two is now my official limit, one is preferrable. Apparently, I'm getting old; ever since the Whisky Incident (you know which one I'm talking about) I can't get tipsy without feeling depressed (not the I-hate-myself melodramatic kind, but the sluggish, my brain isn't eating its neurotransmitter Wheaties today kind) for days afterward. As I have enough neurotransmitter issues, I think I'll be permanent DD from now on. I like feeling happy.

On a happier note, I got to go to a show with Melissa, who is back from her year abroad. Saw the Black Eyed Peas at First Ave. Wasn't sure how it'd be, but it was incredibly entertaining. Their new female vocalist is the most impressive thing on their latest album, and was also the most impressive part of the show. That Justin Timberwank BS you hear on your radio doesn't hold a candle to this woman, whose name I have no intention of knowing as it would ruin my image of knowing nothing about music, which is an accurate image that I would like to retain. Rambling...

Goddamn paper is a pain in the ass. 'Nuff said.

Had the G-8 yesterday -- it was a blast, good to see all the girls again. Also lots of food. LOTS of food. It was a wonder I fit into my going-out jeans. Seriously, as mom had washed them last, I had to fight both my fat and the shrink factor that mom induces on everything she touches. It was dicey for a mo, but it all worked out in the end. (That could be a really lame pun, but it's untentional).

The damn insurance guy who's handling mom's accident claim called at eight this morning, and then completely repeted the conversation we'd had last time about the possibility of a buy-out on my claim. I think he's trying to bamboozle me, but I can't tell how playing dumb would help. There is, of course, the outside chance he's not playing, but I don't see how he could be that dumb and retain his job. At any rate, welcome to the land of more stress I did not need.

Off to take a shower and try to wake up some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home