Friday, December 19, 2003

Some things:

1. That person you saw walking across campus muttering "it's never gonna happen?" Yeah, that was me. I suddenly realized today that my internal monologue was not so internal today.

2. That person who went to bed last night thinking "work's done -- I can sleep in tomorrow!" only to find herself wide awake at five a.m., kitten fangs embedded in her face? That was me.

3. That person who, though this is the final week of the term, has not learned to keep her mouth shut in seminar because the prof is not REALLY looking for your constructive ideas about the paper that's been rejected multiple times? Alas, I think you know who the culprit is.

4. That person who doesn't have to show up to another class for four weeks? ME!

Term is over, though not all of the work is done. This weekend belongs to correcting papers, the holidays to finishing my own paper, the weeks after that to finally finishing last spring's paper. Thrilling, I'm sure. But tonight -- glorious nothing. I'm going to turn off the brain and relax. No alcohol will be involved, sadly, but all the same it should be grand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home