Sunday, August 01, 2004

Free iPod?

So, if you're like me, the idea of free stuff is something that appeals to you. However, if you're like me, the spam that comes with this type of promotion would drive you insane. Which means that you, like me, probably have that spam-specific yahoo account set up already, and you can freely CLICK HERE and sign up to see if these folks are for real. Because, more than I want a free iPod, I want to see if they really DO send you a free iPod. It's completely perverse; I have no real attachment to the idea of owning an iPod. I have an mp3 player that I use sporadically, and a CD burner that I use to back up data. But the minute someone says "we'll give you a free one if you give us five referrals," I say "prove it, buster." Yup. My inner teenager makes me a marketer's dream.

I fully admit that I chose the ebay "special offer" because it involved spending no money. I created a new ebay account, bid, and lost. The last thing I need is to be spending money just to find out that these assholes aren't really gonna send me an iPod -- my gullibility curiosity only extends but so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home