Saturday, September 18, 2004

Stress Relief

I've made a few references to crochet on here, so I though I'd take a few minutes out to brag a bit. So, a couple of recent items finished:


This is Katherine's birthday monkey. He was not started as a birthday monkey; he was started last winter as an "ooo, Katherins likes monkies!" monkey, and is the second monkey I've made. Clearly, I'm kinda slow... sometimes.

Other times, I'm kinda quick.


This is a baby blanket for the yet-to-be-born child of yet another co-worker (yes, we do wonder about water cooler additives around the department), made entirely last night and this morning in about three hours. If you'd be good enough to keep the existance of this gift quiet, I'd be grateful, as it has yet to be given (if you've no clue what I'm talking about, you're already doing great).

I'm working on a terribly luxurious jacket for myself right now (it is purple, as is nearly everything I make for myself), and have any number of hats, socks, mittens, shawls, etc. on the hooks for when the wrists feel good and the brain needs a rest.

So yes, this is my secret life. Most days I'm convinced that if I could make a living at it, I'd bag this grad school thing and crochet for a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home