Sunday, May 29, 2005

Insomnia

The moral of the story is not to take a three-hour nap at four in the afternoon.

So. How 'bout some links? We'll start with this, which is the coolest thing ever. I want one. Desperately.

Then comes Valiant, a book I highly recommend. It takes place in the same world as the author's first book, Tithe, about which I have previously ranted and raved. Read them. Now.

Want to know what I've been up to? Katherine and I had massive adventure on Thursday, which has likely been the highlight of my summer thus far. EL and I went thrifting this morning, wherein we massively scored on clothes. I found jeans. They fit. And look GOOD. This is unheard of.

I've been knitting a lot, and made myself a new purse from this pattern. EL and I dyed the yarn for it in an action-packed evening of fun-with-kool-aid, which yielded two skeins in two complimentary shades of pinkish. As I am unable to let any pattern go un-monkeyed-with, I made the bag slightly wider and longer, and added a massively cute side pocket. I totally rock.

And no post would be complete without those links that make you say "WTF?" First we have Tom DeLay, who has apparently missed the boat on satire and parody laws, not to mention the difference between reality and fiction.

Next up, those goddamn activist judges who have decided that, since the Constitution only says that Congress shall pass no law abridging the freedom of religion, they are clearly entitled to tell a divorced couple that they cannot teach their child Wicca because it involves ""non-mainstream religious beliefs and rituals." Let's wrap our heads around this one: in an odd turn of events, a divorced couple AGREES on the religious upbringing of their child. The court steps in anyway. Against the objections of both parties. Am I drunk? Dude, I got kicked out of my dad's house because I wouldn't cook and provide maid service after my mom left. I'm just sayin', if you don't have a real problem, why the fuck would you invent an imaginary one? I don't care if they worship goats, and the courts shouldn't. But maybe I'm just a bit to far from mainstream for legal comfort.

OK, I'm done with the snark. I'm off to try to sleep again. G'night!

Edit at five freakin' thirty: STILL AWAKE!!! Dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home