Monday, January 30, 2006

My Get Fit and De-Stress Plan

OK, some of you may have noticed that I'm a bit on the stressed out side. I'm also way too far toward the sedentary side for my own comfort. As a result, today I started the Couch to 5k training program, as well as a follow-up short yoga practice. (Props to Rachael for the link -- this woman has run a marathon since getting started, as well as some shorter runs.)

Three times a week. Twenty-five to forty minutes, depending on your love of yoga. I figure a good goal is to be able to run/walk the AIDS walk in May -- if that's not your bag, you can probably find another organized event to shoot for. Or you can get together with a group of friends and make your own goal event (I like the idea of an informal 5k followed by a massive italian dinner reward, but that's just me).

Beat the blahs, get fit, and have fun. Anybody with me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Teresa and I just got a treadmill - it's awesome. I think I've only missed a day or two since we got it about a month ago. We tape all the TV we could ever watch and then sit downstairs and take turns walking/jogging/running while watching TV. So in our case, the Couch-to-5K move is literally two feet away.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Yeah, my treadmill is right outside my office/den/thingy in the basement (with no wall in between) so I don't have far to go either. The big problem is motivation.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

I put on about 6 or 7 pounds over the holidays, and I'm not doing any choreography in my show. So I'm trying to lose weight, and am not doing a very good job so far...

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home