Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Bits and Bats

Hello, all. Hope your holidays, whatever they be, have been happy. As you can probably tell, mine have been pretty low-key, involving mostly copious viewing of Degrassi Junior High DVDs. Clearly, there's something suspect about people who watch afterschool specials for fun, but the show is really good for both intentional and unintentional laughs.

Note to self: if you ever have offspring, use DJH to illustrate exactly how stupid teenaged peers are at any given moment, and how bright it is to resist any pressures they might exert.

In other news, I'm done with the first and last course I will ever teach. I am now trying in vain to get up the gumption to finish the fucking papers I need to write and revise so that I can leave this academic hellhole. Unfortunately, my complete lack of desire to do this is getting in the way. So. Moving on to happier topics.

I did not strangle any family members for christmas. Because this is a season of giving, and I give the gift of life! My family, in return, gave $206 dollars to America's Second Harvest, allegedly instead of gifts. It was more like "in addition to" gifts, because the Crazy Aunts (my mother is one of them) still bought little trinkety things for everyone. And I nearly blubbered because the best gift I got at that gathering was a bag chock full of Tic-Tacs -- my aunt's Whatever (yes, my aunt has one too) had found out two days before that I love mints, so he went out and got me a bunch of them. He's kinda quiet, and I don't get to see him very often, and I usually get lost in my great big family where everyone's always doing something more interesting than I am, so I was plain touched to be remembered.

My mom's Whatever is here visiting again. The house is, as ever, way too small for three grown people. I don't mind so much; for the first time in years, I've been rather relaxed and happy during this holiday season. I'm beginning to suspect that this is a harbinger of alien invasion, but hey, a least I'll go out happy!

It's quite possible that this is the most boring post I've ever written. I'd apologize, but I'm not sorry -- boring equates to no drama in my mind, and that is a fabulous thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home