Thursday, June 29, 2006

Art Monkey

I've been helping my friend Sue to get her gallery set for its next show, Threads In Space. I have a vested interest in this show, as I seem to have made art for it. Photos will be forthcoming, and any one in the Minneapolis area who wants to check it out first hand can do so at the opening on July 8th (details here).

My monkey business has included both getting the gallery ship-shape (repainting walls from previous display) and helping sue with a sculpture that she's working (it's adorable -- this exhibit seems to lend itself to truly adorable art, some of which you can see on the site linked above). At any rate, I decided that I prefer being an art monkey to being a paperwork monkey, and thus the bitter disappointment that is my job search has been slightly assuaged. I even made an art monkey t-shirt design, which I'm wearing to the opening.

This would be a longer report, but Safari is being a bastard, making the noises it tends to make before unexpectedly quitting, so I'm gonna wrap up before it loses my post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

and yet you have a turtle as your side picture, monkey monkey monkey.

8:53 AM  
Blogger teresa said...

That's pretty cool...that one with all the knitted tubes popping out looks like a fiberish wiener-fest...sorry, another juvenile comment.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home