Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yay, Free Speech!

Tim Hardaway was nice enough to let the world know he's a bigoted asshole, which let the NBA know that maybe he was not such the All Star. Free speech: it lets us know who the assholes are!

/looking on the bright side

The fact that this fucking chump felt entirely comfortable saying "I hate gay people" on air should be indicative of homophobia that stems beyond one man, beyond organized sport, and beyond media sensationalism (though that interviewer was clearly trying to get the most bang for his buck once jackass opened his trap). Hardaway may be a moron, but he's a moron with a lot of company and that scares the shit out of me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back in the day as point guard for my 8th grade basketball team, Hardaway was one of my favorite players...such a shame.

What annoys me the most is the "apology" though. I mean, what he said was a full-blown rant, it's not like he can say "Oh, sorry, it came out worse than I intended." I guess this was bound to happen with the Amaechi thing by some basketball player and it might as well be a washed up retired guy that any young 8th grade point guard today probably doesn't look up to at all.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home