Sunday, June 10, 2007

Home Alone

The Mom has vacated the premises for the weekend, so I'm here by my lonesome. Sadly, instead of throwing a party or going clothing optional for the duration, I seem to be using the time alone to do things like "laundry" and "purging the bookshelves." Though I did get mildly drunk on Friday night and end up crashing at some friends' house. It was almost like undergrad, only with fewer people and quieter music.

I had a visit from Chloe and her dad today. She gets cuter every time I see her, and had the most amusing bout of hiccups I've seen in awhile. The rest of the afternoon involved grocery shopping, which really makes me the most boring person I know. Sheesh! I must be getting old.

There are, of course, More Interesting Things going on. The date I was so panicked about has spread out into several dates. After watching so many people act so treacherously toward their partners for so long trust comes very hard, but each time we are together I am reminded that not everyone is fickle, vain, selfish, or conniving while operating near the hearts and minds of others.

And, on a related note, if you really think I'm in love with someone I met three months ago*, you need to meet my friend Reality because I don't think the two of you have ever been introduced. I'm just not that easy. Well, OK, my HEART isn't that easy.

*Yes, I've gotten an anonymous comment to this effect. Yes, I did moderate it out of existence. This is not a democracy, and while speculation is always fun, the comment was too bizarrely stalker-ish for my taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home