Wednesday, July 23, 2003

I got one of those funny GWB "resume" emails today. Under "past work experience" it read:

* I ran for congress and lost.
* I produced a Hollywood slasher B-movie.
* I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas;
company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
* I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that
took land using taxpayer money.
* Biggest moves:
* Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox.
* With my father's help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.

The slasher movie bit intrigued me, so, of course, I googled it. According to this site, the movie in question is "THe Hitcher," but there are others for which he sat on the production board, and the site linked above points to an Amazom List of some of these. The reason the compiler is in such a snit? Bush was aparently influential in getting The Forces of Evil (Disney) to make R-rated movies. I guess the "what about the children" arguments are reserved for when it's politically expediant.

At any rate, my Amazon account is now going to insist on "recommending" god-awful movies to me, so the THREE of you who read this (yes, Jon has joined us *waves*) had better appreciate the weirdness. Or else I'll buy "The Hitcher" and cause you to read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home