Sunday, February 08, 2004

Grammy notes:

1. Started off cool with Prince. In purple again. He rocks me.

2. PEAS!!!!!!

Me: if Justin sings with them, I'm gonna cry.
Mom: Will you cry a river?

Since when does my mother pay attention to Justin Timberwank??? Oh, well. Between the sound system sucking intermittently and the camera sticking to the Peas' singer, he was pretty well in the background.

3. Was a bit afraid that the show would suck downhill from there, until the lovely puddle of funk in the middle.

4. Who the hell are Coldplay? Was completely confused, but they took a potshot at the current US political situation, so at least I was amused while being confused.

They're not over yet, but I can't see anything surprising me from here. My tragically unhip reputation shall remain intact, as I couldn't identify half the artists nominated. And had no clue that Sharon and Ozzy were America's favorite couple.

Grammys are edu-ma-cational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home