Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Seattle Times: Nation & World: Abortion foes shun Democrats' proposal to reduce pregnancies

This is hilarious.

"Tony Perkins of the conservative Family Research Council said, 'Their idea of reducing unintended pregnancies is more sex education and distribution of contraceptives. ... That's not the solution, that's part of the problem."

Um... except that every empirically sound evaluation has shown that sex ed reduces unwanted pregnancy. Seriously. I've read the actual studies. You can, too, if you have access to a library that subscribes to refereed journals. Go look it up. Right now. I'll still be here when you get back.

See? So, basically the Republican agenda on pregnancy and abortion is FEAR TEH EDUCATED WOMAN WITH KNOWLEDGE OF HER BODY AND POWER TO CONTROL IT!!!

Awhile back, I swore off procreative sexif Roe v. Wade was reversed. After reading this I'm thinking, why wait? I mean, it's not like I'm giving up much anything, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home