Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Dorkery of the Harry Potter Variety. Skip at Will.

The other night I was chatting with Friends (hi, E&M!) and opined that I suspect that in the next Harry Potter book there will be less of the "don't tell Dumbledore"-based getting into trouble and more of the "Dumbledore's with us and we're still fucked" variety. I think this is logical, as in the last book Dumbledore finally brought Harry up to speed and admitted that he's gonna have to know grown-up things in order to do a grown-up job. In return, Harry's more likely to ask for help now that he won't be "protected" (ha!) for his troubles.

The cover of the deluxe edition of Half-Blood Prince suggests that I just might be right.

Is it July yet?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's the theory I heard, too... a lot of people think that dumbledore's cover actually suggests that he's the half-blood prince... and that he'll be the one to bite it at the end of the book...

but only time will tell...

3:29 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

I kinda think Dumbledore won't buy it until the last book... On the other hand, I could see it serving the story for him to die in this book. Hmmm.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home