Thursday, June 02, 2005

You should really check this out

I'll be at intermedia arts today and tomorrow helping out with the B-Girl Be Women in Hip-Hop summit. You should especially check out Rachel's movie on Friday night, and the performance response that the Central High kids will be doing. Rachel is a friend of mine from grad school, and the Central kids came to show us how it's done in theater class this term. They're all incredible artists.

A close second in the running is the Hip-Hop scholarship panel on Friday at noon. Gwendolen Pough is speaking (she wrote Check It While I Wreck It, and I have no idea if you care), as is a fellow grad student from my department.

Fun times to be had, and tonight's kick-off event is free.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Whoa. I know who Rachel is. And I've heard of her movie before. I did not realize it was her movie, though.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

I think I knew that you knew Rachel (tech fellow, right?). She is a crazy cool filmmaker. And the biggest sweetie on earth.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home