Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I Quit. Have Some Links.

Ten Hollywood Movies That Get Women Right: some of their reasoning seems a bit stupid (especially re: Fight Club. Great movie, but showing men what women "go through" is not the same as getting women right), but it's certainly thought-provoking. I especially liked the discussion of Silence of the Lambs, as that's one of my very favorite movies.

Is my child becoming homosexual? In case you're already planning that 16th birthday gift, a way to tell if you should get him a leather jacket... or leather chaps.

In other news, I quit. I'll be over in the corner, looking for real jobs.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You quit what?

9:44 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Every once in a while a person just needs to quit:-) I used to drop out of high school every summer, only to drop back in the week before school started.

It's cheaper than therapy.

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh.....

8:33 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

More on Dobson's "definitive explanation" on "the origins of homosexuality" here. It's super-fun.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Thanks, Teenytoona.

Isn't it absurd? I'm with Dan Savage: if change is possible, they can go first.

The girls do get off "easy," until you realize that's just because women aren't worth bothering with to them. It's enough to make you wanna smack the lot of them with a three-day-old trout.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home