Saturday, August 13, 2005

An Ode, in Prose

Do you know why I love the internet? I live the internet because it is the only place I know where you can search out people from all over the world who have interests common to yours -- say, knitting. If you're really lucky they are as cool and sweet as this (seriously, you've never met such a brilliant advocate for those who don't speak human; come to think of it, I've never met her, either).

And if you're extremely lucky, they have talents that you could never dream of, like the ability to render the smooshiest little kitty and doggie paintings you've ever seen. They're beautiful. Go take a look, I'll wait...

See? But that's not even the coolest part about the internet. Because the internet has auction sites where said really brilliant people can share their art and earn more than just heaps of praise for it (because, lets face it, praise doesn't but much canvas, stretched or not). And even if you're continually outbid on all! the! pretty! paintings!, if you persevere in bidding you just might find that for once no one outbid you by more than a hundred dollars over what you can afford to spend. And then? Then you get to take delivery of things like this.

Teresa, it's wonderful. I love the warmth of the gold, which conveniently matches the colors my room is done in. He's to be hung above my vanity table as soon as I can find a hammer and nail, and there I'll see him every morning as soon as I wake up. It's kitty feung shui -- the cuddly energy is perfectly aligned. (And how sweet are you? "You put the 'x' in turtle"... I about giggled my head off.) Keep doing what you do, hon. You make the world -- both real and virtual -- a beautiful place.

1 Comments:

Blogger teresa said...

Damn it girl, you're gonna make me blubber, blush and cry. Anyway. I'm glad you like it and that it makes you smile. Smiles are the most precious things we can own; whether lingering or fleeting. Let me flee whilst I wax diuretic...ok, maybe that joke doesn't really work, but it made me laugh...

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home