Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Where have I been?

Off huntin' links!

1. An interview with Joss Whedon, via Warren Ellis's blog. It's a kitchen-sink, uncut interview. Total dork heaven.

2. A sad news article about the execution of two teenagers executed in Iran for having gay sex. There is a temptation to distance ourselves by saying we live in a more "enlightened" country, but this temptation should be avoided since it is only within the last three years that sodomy laws and the execution of children have been deemed unconstitutional within our own borders, and there is still a massive crusade afoot to deprive folks who like the same-sex lovin' from carrying the same legal status as folks who think variety is the spice of... genitalia.

3. This just proves that there are places far less het up about sex that the US. Personally, I think the dude in the picture is damn gutsy going to an exhibit of erotic art with his erotometer showing.

4. We have a new planet. Called XENA. I respect that the name likely comes from somewhere totally unrelated, but did NO ONE stop to think about the giggles it's likely to cause?

5. That Cunning Linguist, Dan Savage, gives the best ora sex advice ever. Best line: "I know that, personally, two things kept coming up while I was reading my 500 e-mails about cunnilingus: my lunch, and the sneaking suspicion that not all women enjoy the same things when it comes to oral sex. So, boys, you'll have to ask 'em how they like eet."

6. This always makes me smile because my uncle and I used to spend every family gathering tag-team telling bad impromptu stories. One of us would start in with "it was a dark and stormy night..." and pass it on to the other after a sentence or two. The rest of the family would then gradually leave the room.

7. Pandagon.Net looks at feminism, Oprah style. It looks surprisingly like a 1950's publication oriented toward housewives.

8. In related news, we find out that men tend not to read things that women write.

9. Unsurprisingly, no one tends to buy Michael Jackson's new album. You can claim that this is because of the recent trial, but my money's on the fact that there's NO NEW MUSIC ON IT! Seriously, you don't sell bazillions of copies of the initial albums only to have everyone who already owns them say, "hmmm... I think I need ANOTHER MJ greatest hits collection."

10. What do a bunch of Straight Edge kids talk about on the internet? Mostly how awful it is to go to a bar and OMG SEE PEOPLE DRINKING BEER!!!11!!! Seriously, folks. Being this whiny is a serious risk to your punk cred.

11. Finally, The Condom Game. Hysterically funny, and NOT WORK SAFE.

Yeah, those have been building up for awhile. I'll post pictures from Up North once I can be arsed to download them to my 'puter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home