Monday, September 26, 2005

Кошатник

Highly useful words that have no English equivalent. The word in the subject line means "a dealer in stolen cats."

Where the hell have I been? Preparing for class, teaching class, volunteering at fest, getting drunk after fest, enjoying my knitting group (finished a sweater for my favorite nearly-two-year-old's second birthday, started my first pair of socks), and most recently, staying up all night in order to revisit everything I had eaten yesterday (fun, huh?).

So. I'm going back to bed before I start to spew again. Hopefully I'll be well enough to start preparing for class again tomorrow. Lather, rinse, repeat.

EDIT: How on earth did I forget the part where my computer screen went black if I opened it more than a couple of inches? The folks at Apple Store managed to get it open a bit further, then told me I'd have to wait to have it completely fixed on account of their repair center being closed -- it's in Houston. My laptop is now a desktop, propped up so that I can see the screen that's opened at about a 60 degree angle and attached to my external keyboard -- indefinitely, since I need to use it to keep my course records.

Technology bites.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Do you have an old external monitor to hook it up to?

6:23 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

see, yeah, that's why I like my desktop... if the monitor screws up, you just get a new monitor.

I'm surprised they couldn't, I don't know, swap hard-drives and give you a loaner for a few weeks.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home