Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happy Feet!

Cutest. Movie. Ever.

Great movie, great dancing -- they did motion capture for the tapping, which was choreographed by Savion Glover -- and fabulous art. And! There is a Plot! It's fairly simple but very cute (that's for Serena, who wanted to know that it was more than dancing birds). Also, Hugh Jackman singing Elvis. Just sayin'. It's not like I have a Jackman problem, or anything. I can quit any time...

... except maybe I will be going to see the fountain because he plays not one but THREE characters in the movie, and I love me some many-faces-of-Hugh.

And also, I tried to post this via email earlier, so if that version ever shows up there'll be two versions here. And the smiting will commence.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am in the UK and we don't get Happy Feet until 8th Dec but Flushed Away is opening in London tonight and I am dying to see both films and he appeared breifly on TV all smiles as ever

I have seen The Prestige and thought it was fantastic and Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale worked so well together but I would say Hugh's talent was greater he really had more to do. The Fountain oh I really want to see this there has been some wonderful reviews and the few who knock the film who sound like they really do not know what day of the week it is.

As a huge Hugh fan I find his multi talents, looks, charisma and personality exceptional in addition to his thought for others and his popularitu with fellow actors, crew and directors.

I did see him live on the London Stage in Oklahoma...........awesome and I have never beenthe same since LOL

5:36 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

EEEeeeeEEEeeee!!! Hugh Jackman is actually in it? Yay!

Come to think of it... he's in everything right now. Is there a movie out that he's not in? Cause I swear, his career is, like, molten lava right now. (Forget fire!) (Not that I'm complaining.) :D

(BTW, I've taken up learning to knit. Thought you'd get a kick out of that knowledge, considering your vast kniting links. Heh.)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Hugh Jackman is phenomenal. I have only just discovered this (really, I live in a cave), and am vastly disappointed that I took a miss on Scoop, because otherwise 2006 would be the Year Of Jackman in my moviegoing history (OK, so I haven't seen Flushed Away... The premise just strains the bounds of my love. I'm sure I'll catch it eventually).

As for the knitting, I really should post more about it here. I started crocheting when I was about 6. I learned to knit about two years ago, and have had a knit sculpture show at a friend's gallery. I learned to drop-spin a year ago, and got a spinning wheel for my birthday in october. I have also taken up needle felting and wet felting this year.

My name is CJ, and I'm addicted to fiber.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home