Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What American accent do you have?

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Northeast
Philadelphia
The Midland
The South
North Central
Boston
The West
What American accent do you have?


It's soda, but only because a year of living where no one knew what "pop" is trained it out of me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm from "The Midland":

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Just curious, while taking this were you saying all the words out loud to yourself over and over again? I was. It was fun. Good thing no one was around though.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

I was saying them out loud too. "Loud" with an ou sound similar to "About."

I got a tie of both Inland North and Philadelphia, though they labeled me "Inland North." You know what I say... man fuck this quiz. In its opening description it likes to point out that perhaps only people with distinctive places like NEW YORK or the south have accents... yet NEW YORK isnt even a dialect option on the quiz! We New Yorkers don't sound like people from Philly and while I'd like to assume that they are accurate with the "Inland North" lable, I know they are basically refering to Upstate New York/Vermont/Less Extreme New England (Boston being the actual catagory for them Lobster Eatin' New Englanders). As someone who can actually be identified by her accent (and excessive stereotypical use of swear words), I feel neglected by this quiz. ;(

Although, on a side note, the day you actually realize you have and accent is a mind blowing experience. For me, it was when I realized I rolled my T's in the word Quarter. Insane.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home