Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Turkey (Feet)

It's been just mom and I today, which is how I like my Turkey Day best. I fell asleep at ten o'clock last night, which means I got up at seven thirty when mom was starting the bird. The first hour and a half of turkey cooking smells absolutely foul (fowl?), especially when you smell cooking meat as seldom as I do. I was glad to be a vegetarian until about nine, when the smell was suddenly heavenly.

This is why I end up having a little bit of turkey on Thanksgiving every year. Also why I feel sick every year, because my body has no clue what to do with meat anymore. Thankfully (ha!) we ate early, so I was find by the time we went out.

And where did we go? To see Happy Feet, of course, because the mom hadn't seen it yet. Have I mentioned how much I love this movie? This time the water animation really stuck out, especially the waves on the open water. I can't wait for the DVD, and I'll cry if they don't have the obligatory "making of" extra included. I want to see Savion Glover choreographing Mumble.

OK, back to CSI, which is not living up to it's comic book incarnation. I'm reading "Dying in the Gutters," which is a great big dorky lark. If you've ever had it in for Joe Quesada, consider it guilt-free schadenfreude. If you don't know who that is, this is not the dorkery you are looking for.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey Day!


Bringing this back to the topic of Happy Feet (which I saw this weekend) I was so shocked with how dark it was! I mean oh my god! First half of the movie: Cutest thing ever! Then the action sequences became insanely brutal (which was awesome). Then it just got horribly horribly dark. I mean I was really horrified. Depressingly staring at a walk, hallucinating with a broken spirit in captivity?? Dear god! o_O

The moral of this movie is that everybody (including animals) are discriminating pricks and humanity only gives a damn about something when it has an entertainment value. ALthough I hear the movie is also playing in the IMAX theaters which I imagine must be incredible to see.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home