Friday, April 01, 2005

Heroines, the Reveal

Clockwise from top left: Mina Murray from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

CJ Cregg from The West Wing. No, it has nothing to do with the name.

Dana Scully from The X-Files. If you didn't know this one, you were probably asleep for half of the 1990s.

Jenny Sparks from Stormwatch and The Authority. My latest heroine injection. And yes, I do know that the site linked is in French. I'm difficult like that.

Willow Rosenberg from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. Again, asleep through most of the past decade if you don't recognize her.

Nancy Drew. Do I really need to explain further? Fun fact: Nancy Drew was created by the same dude who created the Hardy Boys books. "Carolyn Keene" was a pseudonym thought to be especially apt for a mystery writer.

Yu Shu Lien from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Couldn't fina a character page, sorry (not really; I've already given you one in French, out of spite. Clearly, I'm not trying too hard).

Eowyn from those little art films based on the Tolkien books. Remember those?

Jess and Jules from Bend it Like Beckham. I luff this movie to bits and pieces.

Cherry Ames, nurse who solves mysteries. I love mysteries, and fell in love with Cherry and her adventures when my grandmother handed me a box of old teen mystery novels. Now I collect them. I just bought a second copy of one of the first books recently because it was an earlier edition with a note about being unabridged despite wartime restrictions on paper production.

The proprietors of the site I got the picture off of claim it's Jen Yu from Crouching Tiger. I suspect it's actually the same actress in Hero. But I will take their word for it.

I once again have collected a cubic assload of links to dump on you, but this will have to take place at another time, as I am tired and have much work to do tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home